Friday, November 30, 2007

Scoop On the New Season Of American Idol

“Extra” has your first glimpse at season seven of “American Idol,” with judges Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul revealing their biggest season secrets. “This will be the strongest twelve we've ever had, and I've never, ever said that before,” Simon revealed.

And for once, they all seem to agree! “We've never had a top twelve like we're going to have this season,” admitted Paula. Added Randy, “I think it's the best we've ever had.”
But will “Idol” produce another Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood this year? “I'm going on record: There's more than one,” Paula said. Added Simon, “Yeah, Kelly, Carrie – all of them. I mean, very, very strong.” With the competition even better, and the stakes higher, one thing remains the same: Paula and Simon’s disdain for each other.

The dynamic between the two is “atrocious as usual,” admitted Simon. “You know, Paula sees right, I see left. I mean, that's what it's like.”