Friday, November 16, 2007

Joe Nuxhall 1928-2007


It is a very sad day in our town, we have lost an Icon. Joe Nuxhall was a man I have always admired and aspired to have the same professionalism with my career.

I met Joe for the first time when I was 16 years old and working in games at Kings Island. My eyes lit up on "Reds Night" at KI when Marty and Joe walked up to my football toss booth and played. I asked them for an autograph and they gave it to me and I still have it to this day.

Last year I was at a Q102 appearance at National City Bank and Joe was there and I had the opportunity to talk with him and tell him what he meant to me over all these years and how happy I always was to hear him on the radio.

He was gracious as you would expect. He will be greatly missed.

BD

photo by michael keating/ cincinnati enquirer