Tuesday, January 22, 2008

There Goes The Neighborhood :-)

from Newsweek...
George Clooney
thought he was in the middle of a prison break recently -- but he was just in the middle of the nightly Britney Spears mania. The Oscar-winner tells Newsweek, "I just found out about 10 days ago that I must live 300 or 400 yards from Britney Spears. I found out because I came home at 10 at night and there's all these helicopters over my house with these spotlights on.

I have a guesthouse where my assistant sometimes stays, and I thought someone had broken out of prison. Like something out of Die Hard. I get my baseball bat...and I called up my assistant, who I thought was in the guesthouse, and I said, 'Are you okay?' And she said, 'Yes.' And I said, 'Look, if there's someone in the house with you and you can't talk, say the word Stonehenge.' And she's like, 'What the [heck] are you talking about? I'm in my apartment.' And I go out and I'm running around with a baseball bat in my robe. And it turns out it's paparazzi over at Britney Spears's house. So now I have to move."